Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Investing in Yourself

Do you ever feel like you are just not doing enough with your talents? Sometimes I feel totally secure with where I am at and what I am doing, but others I really feel like I am just wasting away. It's not that terrible, but there are so many great people out there doing great things and there are so many great things to be done, I tend to get a little hard on myself when I spend an entire evening sitting around my living room browsing the InterWeb. You wake up early for work, you work all day, you cook and eat dinner, maybe some physical activity, and before you know it the cycle is ready to begin again. I remember complaining when I first got to Louisiana that I had no time for the basics since we were working so often. Now that we have dropped to a mere 40-45 hour week, I still am having a hard time investing in myself a little bit and just checking things off my list. I still haven't even bought bread this week! Let's get this web page up, let's study for the GRE, let's invest my money better, let's buy a house. It's like if I was just a tad more productive or efficient I could already have all of these activities on some schedule or even completed.

BAH!

Well I had a great weekend and I would like to thank the Kronengold's for entertaining the whole crew, and putting up with my very special brand of shenanigans. It was nice to see some of the old crowd. I also found some of the best cinnamon raisin bread I have ever experienced at a place called Sweet and Savory in Wilmington, NC. Apparently it has some humble beginnings as a bakery, but has expanded to be a full-service breakfast/lunch/dinner establishment. Great Brunswick stew and crab cakes, and my friends all had seconds on their Bloody Mary's. I am going to try to put together a Brunswick stew sometime for these cajun folk, it seems to be right up their alley. This weekend is dedicated to smoking, not the grass but the meat. I am going to try to get my ECB (El Cheapo Brinkman) up to snuff and get some ribs, salmon and pork shoulder on the grill.

All are welcome to attend...

No comments: